The Senate this week confirmed 13 judges nominated by President Donald Trump.
Speaking of the judiciary:— Adam Klasfeld (@KlasfeldReports) August 1, 2019
Two nights of debates, zero questions about the Supreme Court.
“For too long, fairly uncontroversial judicial nominees just like these have been held up and delayed by our Democratic colleagues even when the vacancy qualifies as a judicial emergency,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said Wednesday during a speech on the Senate floor, The Hill reported.
“Uncontroversial district judges used to be confirmed promptly in big groups by voice vote,” McConnell said.
Those confirmed include the following district court nominees:
Karin Immergut for the District of Oregon; John Milton Younge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania; Mary M. Rowland for the Northern District of Illinois; Mark Pittman, Northern District of Texas, Jeffrey Brown, Southern District of Texas; Brantley Starr, Northern District of Texas; Martha Pacold, Northern District of Illinois;
Also: Jason Pulliam for the Western District of Texas, William Stickman IV, Western District of Pennsylvania; Michael T. Liburdi, District of Arizona; Peter D. Welte, District of North Dakota; James Wesley Hendrix, Northern District of Texas, and Sean D. Jordan, Eastern District of Texas.
Senate Republicans have confirmed more than 100 Trump court picks since 2017, including Supreme Court Justices Brett Kavanaugh and Neil Gorsuch, as well as a record number of appeals court judges.
Trump accused Democrats of obstructing his nominees earlier this year.
“Democrats in the Senate are still slow walking hundreds of highly qualified people wanting to come into government,” the president said in a February tweet. “Never been such an abuse in our country’s history.”
Sections of the new book “Justice on Trial” by Mollie Hemingway and Carrie Severino reveal how 2016 Trump campaign lawyers consulted with retired Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy in an effort to build a list of prospective Supreme Court nominees ahead of Trump’s election.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities for this original content, email [email protected].