Jussie Smollett, the now-disgraced actor from “Empire,” has turned himself in. Chicago police say he fabricated a hate crime against himself in order to get attention because he was dissatisfied with his salary. In this episode, we recount what happened, the media’s careless response, and what Smollett’s actions mean for the real victims of hate crimes. Plus: Daniel Davis, The Daily Signal’s commentary editor, sits down with Nick Adams, author of “Class Dismissed,” who argues that college isn’t for everyone—and that that’s OK.
We also cover the following stories:
- Chicago police chief excoriates Jussie Smollett.
- Award-winning reporter Lara Logan gets blowback for calling the media on their liberal bias.
- LGBT sports group cuts ties with lesbian tennis legend Martina Navratilova over disagreement on transgender athletes.
- Government report shows the Congressional Budget Office got it wrong on Obamacare—nine years after the fact.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi backs a resolution to block President Donald Trump’s emergency declaration on the border.
The Daily Signal podcast is available on Ricochet, iTunes, SoundCloud, Google Play, or Stitcher. All of our podcasts can be found at DailySignal.com/podcasts. If you like what you hear, please leave a review. You can also leave us a message at 202-608-6205 or write us at [email protected]. Enjoy the show!