Supporters of President Donald Trump gathered Wednesday in the nation’s capital to hold a March for Trump to “demand transparency and election integrity,” which subsequently turned violent.
While Congress was debating certification of the disputed results of the Electoral College vote making Joe Biden the next president, protesters stormed and entered the Capitol.
Here are 22 photos and videos of the violence.
- Protesters at the doors of the Capitol
2. Attacking the ‘brave men and women of the Capitol Police force’
(Editor’s note: There is adult language in this clip.)
3. More protesters breaching the Capitol
4. Protesters fight with police outside the Capitol.
(Editor’s note: Adult language is used in this clip.)
6. Guns drawn in the House chamber
7. Disorder in the Capitol
8. A MAGA hat on statue of Gerald Ford
9. Stealing Pelosi’s lectern
10. Protesters face off with police
11. Roaming Statuary Hall
12. The scene outside the Capitol
13. Protesters, police fight outside the Capitol
14. ‘Revolution in process’
15. In the Senate chamber
16. Police outside the Capitol
17. Chants of ‘We the People’
18. ‘Chaos’ in Washington
19. Damaged media equipment
20. A Confederate flag on display
21. Inside Pelosi’s Office
22. Dispensing tear gas