How do you feel about defunding Obamacare?
A new poll of American voters shows a majority—57 percent—support defunding this unfair, unaffordable, unworkable law.
Heritage Action for America and Basswood Research asked voters in 10 different congressional districts for their views on Obamacare, and respondents were decidedly against the law. Six of these House districts are represented by Republicans and four by Democrats, but across the board, an overwhelming 77 percent of voters favored either a slowdown in implementation or outright repeal.
They also indicated that political scare tactics haven’t made them shy away from these opinions.
Defunding Obamacare would protect millions of Americans from losing their current health insurance. It would prevent executive enforcement of Obamacare’s mandates, regulations, and tax increases. And time is growing short, because the Obamacare insurance exchanges are set to open on October 1.
Once the exchanges open and the creaky wheels of Obamacare start turning, it will do even more harm to our wallets, our health care, and our economy. Time is of the essence, as Heritage expert Chris Jacobs reminds us:
The list of Obamacare’s failures grows by the day. It is not that portions of the law are unworkable—the entire law is unworkable. Absent the law’s complete repeal, only full defunding would ensure that the American people are not subjected to any of these destructive policies.
Obamacare has already had devastating effects on workers. Heritage President Jim DeMint points out that “You can’t repeal it once the private insurance market dries up, once employers drop their plans. There’s nowhere to go but a single-payer system, and Harry Reid has already said that.”
Learn more about defunding Obamacare—join DeMint and others at one of Heritage Action’s town halls starting next Monday.
Read the Morning Bell and more en español every day at Heritage Libertad.
- Are Americans better off today than they were four decades ago?
- Got extra room? New York City doesn’t want you to make extra money renting it out.
- Michelle Obama plans to spread her anti-obesity message…through music.
- The White House says evidence that employers are cutting workers’ hours ahead of Obamacare implementation is “anecdotal,” but this huge trade union says differently.
- These 24 things require a photo ID…but voting doesn’t?
- Here’s why you might not see a high-speed commuter “tube” between L.A. and San Francisco anytime soon.
- A Tennessee mother plans to fight for her right to name her baby “Messiah.”
- After watching this video, you’ll want a burger—and a new health care law.