Many American women today are Breadwinner Moms – those who provide the main source of incomes for their families.
Women are the sole or primary support in forty percent of U.S. families with children under eighteen, according to a groundbreaking report from Pew Research Center. In fact, nearly one-fourth of married women out-earn their husbands. Additionally, increasing numbers of children are being reared by never-married mothers.
One shouldn’t underestimate the significance of these changes – for just about everyone. How do these developments affect men and children? Is this good news or bad news for women? How does this influence the conversation about the wage gap?
The Heritage Foundation and the Independent Women’s Forum invite you to join us for lunch and a discussion by an all-star panel of these revolutionary, new trends.
Who: The Heritage Foundation and the Independent Women’s Forum
What: Breadwinner Moms: Truth Behind the Trend
- Moderator: Mona Charen (@mcharen), Syndicated Columnist
- Jennifer Marshall (@MarshallJenA), The Heritage Foundation
- Kay Hymowitz (@Kayhymowitz) The Manhattan Institute
- Sabrina Schaeffer (@SL_Schaeffer), Independent Woment’s Forum
- Cathy Reisenwitz (@cathyreisenwitz), Doublethink
When: Tuesday, July 23rd, 12pmET
Where: The Heritage Foundation
*Live tweet & follow the conversation on Twitter with #BreadwinnerMoms.